Small bathroom walk in shower Designs
6. Contemplate functional forms. Custom-built walk-in showers can take on any shape that your space and budget allows. If your bathroom is small and/or dark, opt for a seamless glass enclosure that allows light and eyes to move freely through the space. Other good options include floor-to-ceiling glass-block walls or knee walls topped with frosted glass; both designs promote privacy without blocking light.
7. Deck out shower interiors. Do you want a rainfall showerhead, a standard showerhead, steam-shower fittings, and a handheld spray? How about a built-in bench or integrated ledge? A shaving mirror? Remember to include toiletry niches, lighting, and ventilation in your shower plans. Opt for shower controls and showerheads that match other metal finishes in your bathroom.
8. Control the controls. Install wall-mount shower controls 48-52 inches above the floor; place the controls so they are accessible from inside and outside the shower. Mount showerheads 69-72 inches above the shower's floor. Keep in mind that sprays from traditional showerheads extend as much as 4 feet.
9. Select stylish surfaces. Shower walls and floors take a fashionable spin when clad in solid-surfacing, marble or quartz slabs, or river-rock, stone, glass, or glazed ceramic tiles. Devise a jazzy tile design that raises shower walls to fine-art status. Or, stretch your budget by using inexpensive field tiles to create a backdrop for inlaid colorful bands and borders crafted from pricier tiles.
10. Think long-term. Building a walk-in shower is an expensive proposition, so it should accommodate your showering needs for years to come. Including universal-design features, such as a wide entry, a level threshold, slip-resistant flooring, grab bars, a bench, and a handheld shower spray, ensures your stylish new shower ages as gracefully as you do.
Share this Post
Walk in shower Design for Small bathroom
After years of fighting to keep your glass shower door clean, creating a walk-in shower may be a welcome change. A frameless…Read More
Small bathroom Designs With Walk In shower
In the 1980s, a decade known for excess and impracticality, homeowners installed - though rarely used - oversized soaking…Read More